In this post I would like to give a simple tutorial of how to install virtual box and would like to show you a simple way to create a kali linux virtual machine. The link to the video version of the tutorial will be given at the bottom of this post.
1. go to virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
2. see the virtual box 5.2.8 platform packages and click the windows hosts. A pop up will come up. Click the save file button.
3. after finish downloading you can install it in your pc
4. install the kali-linux-2018.1-vbox-amd64.ova on www.kali.org/downloads/. Search for kali linux 64 bit Vbox click the link and you will be redirected to https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-vm-vmware-virtualbox-hyperv-image-download/
5. click the Kali Linux VirtualBox Images and download the Kali-Linux VBox 64-Bit[OVA]
6. after finishing all of the installation, open the virtual box
7. click file, import appliance.. and a pop up will appear
8. select the .ova file that you have just downloaded then a new virtual machine will be automatically to your virtual box.
9. Now you can use it by double-clicking the new virtual machine.
By default the username is root and the password is toor.
If the this tutorial is not sufficient for you, you can go to youtube and find the video version of this tutorial at my channel.